- A leisurely bike to the grocery store, leaving the car at home: 291 cal/60 min.
- Walking/running/playing with the kids at the park: 175 cal/60 min.
- Tending to your organic vegetable garden: 233 cal/60 min.
- Planting a tree: 204 cal/60 min.
- A jog around the neighborhood: 350/60 min.
- A friendly game of basketball in the driveway after dinner: 291 cal/60 min.
- Flag football before a family barbecue: 408 cal/60 min.
- Ultimate Frisbee on the green grass: 146 cal/60 min.
- Tennis in the sun: 350 cal/60 min.
- Hiking in the Great Outdoors: 291 cal/60 min.
Monday, April 23, 2007
How many calories did you burn while saving the Earth?
Yesterday was Earth Day. It was a great day to get out and enjoy all that Mother Nature provides for us. It was also a great day to be proactive and physically active at the same time. How many calories did you burn? Here's an Earth Day list to find out!